The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of more than 30 participating member organizations. For 10 years NCPSSERS has been dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
The mission of NCPSSERS is to sustain a discussion among all stakeholders on the need for and value of special education, related services, and early intervention; and to identify, disseminate, and support implementation of national, state, and local strategies to remedy personnel shortages and persistent vacancies for the benefit of all children and youth.
The purpose of NCPSSERS is to:
- Develop and share information related to personnel shortages among member organizations
- Engage in advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels for implementation of strategies to remedy personnel shortages and persistent vacancies
- Monitor, track, and collect related data and information
- Develop and disseminate recommendations related to policy and practice for dealing with personnel shortages and persistent vacancies
- Bring together stakeholders to work collaboratively to address personnel shortages and persistent vacancies in special education, related services, and early intervention
- Seek funding to support the Coalition in developing and implementing strategies related to personnel shortages and persistent vacancies