The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of 30+ participating member organizations, dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
About the Shortage
Critical shortages of special education teachers and related specialized instructional support personnel exist in all regions of the country. These shortages, as well as unfunded positions, impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential.
- Skyrocketing Autism Rates Put Pressure on Schools June 2, 2014
- Proposed Plan for Changing Teacher Pay Could Hurt Special Ed June 2, 2014
- Unified Shifts 5K Special Ed June 2, 2014
- Philadelphia Tragedy Highlights Role of School Nurses June 2, 2014
- Metro School Districts Try ‘Grow Their Own’ Approach to Hiring Special Education Teachers May 5, 2014
- Texas Continues to Face a Teacher Shortage May 3, 2014