The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of 30+ participating member organizations, dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
About the Shortage
Critical shortages of special education teachers and related specialized instructional support personnel exist in all regions of the country. These shortages, as well as unfunded positions, impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential.
- NPR Investigates Why There’s A Shortage Of Special Education Teachers In 49 States November 10, 2015
- Behind The Shortage Of Special Ed Teachers: Long Hours, Crushing Paperwork November 10, 2015
- To Address Teacher Shortages, Create Conditions for Educators to Thrive October 15, 2015
- Governor Signs Bill to Help Schools Hire More School Nurses October 14, 2015
- America’s Teaching Force, by the Numbers September 17, 2015
- Districts Facing Teacher Shortages Look for Lifelines August 6, 2015
- Wanted: More Special Ed Teachers, Apply Everywhere August 6, 2015