The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of 30+ participating member organizations, dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
About the Shortage
Critical shortages of special education teachers and related specialized instructional support personnel exist in all regions of the country. These shortages, as well as unfunded positions, impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential.
- Solving the School Therapist Shortage February 26, 2015
- Sharp Rise in Occupational Therapy Cases at New York’s Schools February 17, 2015
- In Anchorage, Solutions Scarce for Special Education Teacher Shortage December 2, 2014
- In Mississippi, Lack of School Nurses a Threat to Health, Education November 16, 2014
- Autism Surge Creates Special Education Teacher Shortages in Castro Valley October 27, 2014
- Nonteaching Staff Contributes to Successful Student Learning October 3, 2014
- School Districts Stressed By Lack Of Trained Specialists September 3, 2014