The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of 30+ participating member organizations, dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
About the Shortage
Critical shortages of special education teachers and related specialized instructional support personnel exist in all regions of the country. These shortages, as well as unfunded positions, impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential.
- Districts Facing Teacher Shortages Look for Lifelines August 6, 2015
- Wanted: More Special Ed Teachers, Apply Everywhere August 6, 2015
- Post Navigation Report: Fixing CA Teacher Shortage Requires ‘Profound Shift’ in Thinking August 4, 2015
- Small Rural Districts Battle to Keep Special Ed Students Close to Home July 29, 2015
- How to Fix a Teacher Shortage March 4, 2015
- Solving the School Therapist Shortage February 26, 2015
- Sharp Rise in Occupational Therapy Cases at New York’s Schools February 17, 2015