The National Coalition on Personnel Shortages in Special Education and Related Services (NCPSSERS) is a national coalition comprised of 30+ participating member organizations, dedicated to addressing the issue of shortages in special education and related services personnel in schools.
About the Shortage
Critical shortages of special education teachers and related specialized instructional support personnel exist in all regions of the country. These shortages, as well as unfunded positions, impede the ability of students with disabilities to reach their full academic potential.
- School Districts Stressed By Lack Of Trained Specialists September 3, 2014
- Retired Teachers to Fill CCSD Vacancies August 28, 2014
- State Superintendent Talks Teacher Shortage August 27, 2014
- New Mexico Faces Teacher Shortage Two Days Before School Begins August 11, 2014
- School Districts Scrambling From Teacher Shortage August 8, 2014
- Skyrocketing Autism Rates Put Pressure on Schools June 2, 2014
- Proposed Plan for Changing Teacher Pay Could Hurt Special Ed June 2, 2014